A 2-year-old girl who was shot in a spree of violence in Louisiana’s capital city has actually passed, and a man has been detained and charged in her fatal shooting, authorities stated.
Baton Rouge Authorities Chief Murphy Paul announced the toddler’s passing at a press conference Friday. He said Kendrick Myles, 41, was taken into custody previously in the day and charged with first-degree murder and numerous other offenses.
Paul stated the criminal offenses began around 8 p.m. Thursday when Myles abducted a 9-year-old kid, who was later on launched unscathed during Myles’ arrest.
Cops representative Sgt. L’Jean McKneely Jr. stated the boy was Myles’ nephew, and had stayed with Myles for the rest of the criminal offense spree, The Advocate reported.
Paul stated Myles, after the kidnapping, drove to another home, forced his way inside and shot a male in the hand. The man determined Myles as the shooter and explained him as a family member, according to the chief.
Myles then drove to a third home and fired numerous shots, striking the 2-year-old girl, Paul stated. The kid was rushed to the medical facility and later passed away. It was unclear whether the girl was associated with Myles.
Shortly before 10 p.m., Paul said, officers responded to a 4th incident in which Myles and another relative exchanged shooting. Nobody was injured in that shooting.
The 9-year-old young boy remained with Myles until he was jailed around 2:45 a.m., and neither Myles nor reacting officers fired their weapons when he was apprehended, the newspaper reported.
Myles is likewise charged with attempted first-degree murder, attempted second-degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, house intrusion and being a fugitive from the Baton Rouge Fire Department for an arson investigation.
The East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office said it is charging him with kidnapping.
It wasn’t instantly clear whether Myles has an attorney who might speak on his behalf.